I am standing in total disbelief about the events I am witnessing here in America.
- For reasons I cannot comprehend, the media is ignoring the import of what is going on in our country. They attack anyone who doesn’t agree with the President or his policies. Anyone with an opposing voice is shouted down and belittled.
- A California pastor and his wife were told they needed a very expensive permit to have a bible study in their home (12- 15 people) because it was a religious gathering. This is a Constitutional right being abused.
- For the 2010 Census, “Right Wing Extremists” are being excluded from participating as census takers. This is significant because then who will be able to argue when redistricting happens and conservatives loose what little representation they have in Washington.
- A president of the United States has side-stepped the bankruptcy process that is already in place to be able to dictate the will of the UAW and other special interests with GM. GM filed for bankruptcy with a commitment of $50 Billion dollars for a $500 Million dollar company in US tax dollars.
- The Service Employees Union had a direct line to the White House when the California Governor slashed wages in an effort to balance the CA budget shortfalls. Later SEU bragged they had raised 60.7 Million dollars and put Mr. Obama in office.
- A president of the United States has roamed around the globe apologizing for America when in fact the US and Great Brittan have done more to further the cause of oppressed individuals than all other nations. The president has made us look weak enough that Korea is ignoring our pleas to end the nuclear testing.
- America has turned it’s back on Isreal. The Israeli’s are not the agressors. Why has our policy changed.
- A woman nominated for Supreme Court of the United States is presented based on her empathy. The fact that she has made a statement before a Latino organization that stated that “A wise Latina woman” is more qualified to determine Constitutionality than a “white male”. There is no sugar coating that remark. It was said. There is no context that will help it either.
- June 2009 was just named as Gay, Lesbian and Transgender Pride Month. I am concerned when we are celebrating what used to be called sin. I know that there are some who will say that I am intolerant because I cannot embrace that way of life. I am sorry if you feel that way. I can love the sinner even if I can’t accept the sin. I am not perfect and don’t pretend to be so.
- Our deluded elected officials have bought into the idea that we can spend our way out of our economic mess. Can anyone explain to me how we are going to add interest onto funds we don’t already have and NOT raise taxes? The bill will come due. Right now China is holding a lot of our debt. When they decide to stop playing, our house of cards will collapse and we will become a 3rd world nation over night.
- The Constitution and the ideals our Founding Fathers used to form this nation have been thrown out in favor of Socialism. No matter what you call it, if you take away the fruits of their labors from the people creating wealth and working hard to give as entitlements to those who are less fortunate it’s not democracy.
These are just a few of the current events that cause me to loose confidence that I am still in America. The America that I love deeply is one that adhere’s to the Constitution, respects the individual rights of it’s citizens and does what is right and honorable and good in the world. The America I grew up in valued traditional marriage, solid education and excellence in all things. The America I know is one where it’s citizens are proud of their heritage and confident in their future. The America that I will mourn for will cease to exsist if we do not stop being the SILENT MAJORITY.
Keep in mind, there is no more time. If you don’t think you can make a difference, think again. America needs a grass roots reminder to Congress and the President – “You work for us.” We cannot silently sit back and accept these blatant abuses of power. It is important that you speak up and be counted. God Bless America.